10 reasons why to live in Prague as a digital nomad
By Deniz Askinová, Czechia Immigration Lawyer
Why is the Czech Republic an attractive destination for foreigners to establish themselves in? The Czech Republic delivers a great value for money and a strategic location for those looking to travel easily and quickly. If you love history, art, architecture, outdoor activities, nightlife, food, lakes, and beer, the Czech Republic could be a great choice for you!
10 reasons why to choose to live in Prague as a digital nomad
While the Czech Republic has many interesting cities, Prague is usually the first choice for digital nomads and expats. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Prague has been ranked among the most beautiful cities in the word.
- It’s one of the safest cities to live in Europe.
- Living in Prague is quite cheap. According to Nomad List, digital nomads’ expenses amount to roughly $2,000/month, in contrast with Paris or London’s $4,000/month.
- It’s very centrally located, you can easily travel around Europe from Prague — whether it is by bus, train or plane.
- You can survive even if you don’t speak a word of Czech. The number of expats living in Prague has rocketed in the past few decades and Czechs are getting more used to speaking English.
- Finding a job in Prague can be somewhat easy, depending on your industry.
- Prague is a great city for digital nomads as there are many coworking spaces, lots of cafés and many hostels with nice communal areas to work from.
- Great public transportation, it is very easy to get around the city.
- The Czech Republic has a great reputation for its amazing beer and hearty warm meals.
- There’s lots of fun stuff to do and every weekend there’s a different festival or event taking place in Prague.
Prague is a unique city that is welcoming no matter what time of year you visit. You will find a lot going on and you can enjoy it with your new friends from growing expat community or your new Czech friends!
Find out more about being a digital nomad in Czech and other visa pathways
Relocation 4 you has more than 20 years of experience in immigration and relocation field, true experts who help companies and employees smoothly overcome the hassle of the Czech bureaucracy.
Contact Deniz for support in your immigration process to Czech Republic, or for general questions about immigrating to Czech Republic.
This article is part of the Relocate Community. The leading independent platform for Global Migration. Dig deeper into core topics about relocation and connect with qualified Advisors . . . all in one place.
Get Started. Get Going. Transcend Borders.