How to Obtain a Temporary Work Permit in Nigeria

Temporary Work Permit in Nigeria

A Temporary Work Permit, also referred to as TWP, is a short-term permit usually issued to an expatriate with special skills through the application of a Corporate entity who is in need of the expertise or skill of such expatriate.

  1. Application letter in the letterhead of the applying company addressed to the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service
  2. Company Profile
  3. Certificate of Incorporation of applying company
  4. Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company
  5. CAC 2 and 7 or CAC 1.1 or Status report of the Company as the case may be (the applicability of the documents here on this item is dependent on when the Company was incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission. CAC 2, 7, and 1.1 are no longer issued for new companies since the coming into the existence of the new Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020).
  6. International Passport of the invited expatriate.

Do you need further help with your immigration to Nigeria?

If you want to learn more about Nigeria, check out our article where we provide an overview of this great country.



Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store


The first independent marketplace for global migration. Dig-deeper into relocation topics and connect with qualified advisors.